2002 Apr 10 09:32

[vox-tech] modifying mouse selection behavior under X

[vox-tech] modifying mouse selection behavior under X

is there a way to modify the selection behavior of the mouse under X?

for instance, in this line:

Z = 2.96688494e+05

by double clicking, i can select "96688494e".  by triple clicking i get
the entire line of the xterm.  it's more useful for me for the selection
to be based on spaces rather than punctuation.

is there a way to modify X's mouse behavior so that a double click will
select the whole number  "2.96688494e+05"?

also, IP numbers have the same problem:

nameserver 192.168.0.1

it would be nice to be able to select a whole IP number rather than just
a quad (or a period depending on where you click).

pete