2002 Apr 02 17:22

[vox-tech] looking for Debian support

Hi!

I am contacting you because Iím looking for someone to provide paid support to me in the use of Debian.

First of all some context. I do a lot of work as a programmer on my own equipment (mostly perl, html, sql db's). It is in this capacity that I want to move from windows to linux. I think this will be a major step forward for me, based on my experience working as a programmer on other peoplesí linux and solaris systems.

Regarding the immediate help I need, it is for someone to walk me through the debian install via telephone. I have gotten the cd's, but my two attempts to install them have failed: while using the graphical interface to configure my terminal, the system crashed, and I canít get my cable connection to work. (And I am sure that beyond these two hurdles still others await me.) I could probably dink around and manage on my own, but I would rather pay for help and save my time. After the initial install, I will need occasional help dealing with the inevitable 'out of nowhere' problems, as well as putting on new hardware and software. For most of this later support, I expect email contact will be adequate if this is preferable.

I can afford to pay $40US per hour. Also, for a person of solid competence, I will provide a significant number of leads to people who want to switch to linux but who need support similar to what I have just described in order to do so.

 I prefer to be contacted via email with a brief description of the interested personís work with debian.

 Thanks,

Tom Arnall
Arcata, CA