2002 Mar 29 13:52

Re: [vox-tech] gimp/latex and fonts

Here's some more information, but the problem remains open.

I think the fonts in /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/euler are
pretty close to what one would get with \mathcal, and these are .pfb
(this is according to "Math into latex" by Gratzer--an excellent book).
However, I think more work is needed to get them recognized by xfs.
The procedure described by Mark did not work for me (copying the
.pfb files into /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 and restarting xfs).

I seem to recall that a better way to do it is to edit /etc/X11/fs/config:
add the .../euler directory to the list, and restart xfs.  However, this
does not work either, and I think the reason is that the "fonts.dir"
file in .../euler is not accurate and xfs does not pick up the new fonts.

shawn.