2002 Mar 29 07:30

Re: [vox-tech] Athlon (was Hardware Question)

Bill Broadley wrote:

>My guess is the powersupply isn't up to the task.

I looked into this a little further reading some of the message board
threads that Rod Roark pointed out and I also called the company I
purchased the boards from.

It turns out the company was really busy that day at the computer show
and forgot to put the thermal compount between the chip and heatsink on
a few systems.  So I will be checking that this weekend.

As you pointed out as well, the PSU may not be up to the task as some of
the Athlon boards are picky about having proper voltage.

Thanks,
Stephen