2002 Mar 28 21:15

Re: [vox-tech] writing free getopt, ran into a dilemma...

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, nbs wrote:

> I don't have the LGPL in front of me, but I believe it says something
> to the affect of:
>
>   * if you statically-link, you must also provide a version of the binary
>     that will dynamically-link, if the user wishes to do so

Really?  What if the software were commercial (used in a commercial
product)?  I thought the whole point of all this LGPL discussion on SDL
list way back when was because you couldn't statically-link at all if you
wanted to keep the source closed...?

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim