2002 Mar 31 00:33

[vox-tech] Vim is leaving junk on my command line

[vox-tech] Vim is leaving junk on my command line

I just installed vim (I though vim was the standard vi on linux (all
linux)... I guess it's not on debian (what vi was I using?)).  Anyway, when
I :wq a file my command line gets:

jstrauss@debian:~$ en

the "en" are the last chars in "written"

What's up with that?
ps. I'm sshing into the machine, it doesn't happen on the console.

below is my (childish) .vimrc:

jstrauss@debian:~$ cat .vimrc
set nocompatible
set autoindent          " always set autoindenting on
set esckeys             "
set history=50          " keep 50 lines of command line history
set ruler               " show the cursor position all the time
set showcmd             " display incomplete commands
set incsearch           " do incremental searching
set backspace=2
set tabstop=3

syntax on

Jay