2002 Mar 27 21:26

Re: [vox-tech] Hardware Question

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 06:31:12PM -0800, ALLO (Alfredo Lopez) wrote:
> Hi,
> I may need to buy a new server for a project that I am working on and I
> would like to know if you guys have some vendor suggestions.

I suggest you look around for auctions and fire sales of machines from failed
Internet companies. I've had success getting machines this way. Don't expect
to pay cents on the dollar, but you can still save some money over buying
new.

In my limited experience, Athlon systems build by small outfits or
individuals are unstable. I would not use such machines for an important
server.

--
Henry House