2002 Mar 27 18:02

Re: [vox-tech] network question: /etc/hosts not being read

Re: [vox-tech] network question: /etc/hosts not being read

What does your /etc/host.conf contain?  I think it should have a line
which says

    order hosts,bind

which tells programs to first check /etc/hosts and then try a DNS
lookup if that fails.

Matt