2002 Mar 26 18:32

Re: [vox-tech] how to be not nice within C

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 05:58:57PM -0800, nbs wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 05:57:02PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > DOH!!!
> >
> > why oh why does man 1 nice have to come before man 2 nice?!?   ;-)
> >
> > thanks, bill!
>
> Yeah.  Irritating.  Every time I want to man printf, I always end up
> with the shell 'printf' program's man page, not the C library one. ;)

  I suggest "man sprintf" or "man fprintf".

  they tend to share the same man page as printf,
and you don't need to do the magic man dance about how to specify a man
page section... which various from version to version.
  ("man 3 printf" on most linux, "man -s 3 printf" on solaris).