January 6: Social gathering
2002 Mar 22 07:14

[vox-tech] What I Did Tonight

Tonight, in a desperate bid to free up some space on my hard drive, I went
ahead and created a new directory on my huge unused /u2 partition called
bin.  Then I copied everything from /bin to /u2/bin.  Then I deleted /bin
and created a symbolic link from /bin -> /u2/bin.

Then I rebooted.

Shit.

This probably won't be too hard to recover from.  But if anyone else has
any advice on how to free up hard drive space that doesn't involve tricks
that will make my computer forget how to start up, I'm all ears... or
eyes... or something.  Right now, doing df -h reveals that / is at 100%
capacity.

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K   ICQ: 11646404  Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com

invisible to the eye."  --Antoine de Saint Exupéry

"Push the button, Max!"