2002 Mar 16 02:32

Re: [vox-tech] LaTeX longtable

Bill,

I don't know why you have to type all that stuff to get longtable working
on your system.  Make sure you `latex` *twice*:

   # latex file.tex
   <blah blah... output>
   # latex file.tex
   <more blah blah... output>

`latex` is a single-pass program, so figuring out things like the width of
the table can't be done on a single run of `latex`.  By running twice, it
figures out the maximum width of the table on the first run, and it fixes
the table on the second run.  Sometimes `latex` must be done thrice.

If you're using a Makefile, make sure your entry looks something like:

   file.dvi: file.tex
   	latex $<
   	latex $<

not just:

   file.dvi: file.tex
   	latex $<

Welcome to the world of LaTeX! :)

-Mark

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, nbs wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 04:05:31PM -0800, Henry House wrote:
> > 	\begin{longtable}{
> > 		p{1.65cm}
> > 		p{5.3cm}
> > 		>{\hfill}p{2.1cm} # right-aligned column
> > 		>{\hfill}p{2.1cm}
> > 		>{\begin{flushleft}}p{3.8cm}<{\end{flushleft}}
> > 		p{1.0cm}
> > 	}
>
> This did it, for me, BTW.  I dunno if it's a GOOD solution, but it's
> definitely better than what I was getting.
>
> Thanks so much! :)
>
> -bill!

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/