2002 Mar 14 19:32

[vox-tech] gzip bug?

Hi,

I cannot gunzip my gzipped files on RedHat 7.1. I get CRC error
messages. On the other hand, when the files are transferred to Windows,
WinZip opens them without any complain. Do you know any known bugs in
gzip or gunzip? Do you know another uncompressing utility on Linux which
does not invoke RedHat's gunzip to uncompress a .gz file.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Kevin