2002 Mar 11 07:11

Re: [vox-tech] Setting up X

Okay, it looks like you have the appropriate X server starting up now.
You seem to have two remaining problems.  The first problem is your
mouse -- it's looking for a device called /dev/input/mice and isn't
finding it.  What kind of mouse are you using?  Are you running GPM (the
console mouse driver)?  The second problem is that it can't find a
suitable font to use.  Try installing some font packages:

    apt-get install xfonts-100dpi xfonts-base xfonts-scalable

Matt

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 10:48:26PM -0600, Jay Strauss wrote:

[snip]

> (EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice
>  No such file or directory.
> (EE) Generic Mouse: cannot open input device
> (EE) PreInit failed for input device "Generic Mouse"
> (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Configured Mouse" (type: MOUSE)
>
> Fatal server error:
> could not open default font 'fixed'

[snip]