2002 Mar 09 08:56

Re: [vox-tech] Can I do this?

I'd use Exim.  It's far more powerful, and runs better.  There's a new
version out (4.02 is the latest, I believe), but you may want the latest
patch (posted yesterday on exim-user).  The downside is that it's more
complex to set up, though there are examples out there (try a Google
search -- Phil Brutsche has a good one).

Cam

* Peter Jay Salzman (p@dirac.org) wrote:
> i believe lugod has the sendmail book in the library.
>
> i would bet money that your distro comes with some tool to set up your
> mail configuration.  even debian comes with such a tool for exim.
>
> and if you're using redhat, suse, mandrake or whatever, i'll bet it
> comes with a tk or gtk interface.
>
> as a home user, if you had to edit sendmail by hand, i would be really
> surprised.
>
> pete
>

> begin Richard S. Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com>
> > Neat!  I'm hunting down information about setting up and configuring
> > Sendmail right now.  I'm hoping that I can avoid spending any actual
> > money on a book, but there seems to be a dearth of really basic
> > information.
> >
> > On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 17:49, Erik Mullinix wrote:
> > > I am currently both a pacbell user and have sendmail running flawlessly to
> > > send mail out.
> > >
> > > Hesperant
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.
From Roberts Creek on B.C.'s incomparable Sunshine Coast