January 6: Social gathering
2002 Mar 08 10:28

Re: [vox-tech] jay and dselect

* Jay Strauss (jjstrauss@yahoo.com) wrote:
> Well, I don't remember if I was in the same session.  But, I installed
> (again) on a different system (at work), I read Pete's doc (to which I have
> some edits).  On my new system I can't get X to work (surprise surprise).
>
> But I ran: XF86Setup
>
> seems to be alright now, except there are too many resolutions, that is, I
> can hit cntl-alt +/-  8 or 9 times to make a complete cycle.  Most don't
> display correctly

Which version of X are you using?  It makes a big difference.  You have to
set up 3.3.6 one way, and 4.0.1 (or 4.0.2) an entirely different way.

What does "Most don't display correctly" mean?  Please elucidate.  It sounds
as though you didn't limit the number of displays (there are quite a few
possible, and I doubt you need them all).

X can be touchy, but as of version 4, installation and setup are a lot easier,
 not that tweaking isn't necessary.

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.