2002 Mar 01 12:34

Re: [vox-tech] How slim can Win98 go?

It's been a while since I've tried VMWare, but I think you can tell Linux
which memory areas and ports to give access to VMWare.  The memory mapped
address range for CMOS/BIOS is well defined (I'll look it up if you want
it), although knowing Compaq they may have added some non-standard
addresses...

-Mark

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Ryan wrote:

> I bought VMware Express a while ago, but it's of no use, the software would
> need to have access to the CMOS/BIOS.
>
> > Another thought is download the trial version of VMWare install Windows,
> setup the
> > hardware and remove windows / vmware.

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/