2002 Feb 27 23:03

RE: [vox-tech] recursive ftp

Thanks Mark. I just tried this but there is no response from ncftp after the
mget. It seems like since my ftp server is a Windows NT machine which does
not have a directory listing similar to unix (eg. The first char in the
listing is NOT 'd' for a directory like in unix), these tools may not work
(just my guess !). How will he change directory, if it is not able to figure
out if it is a directory or not !

Am i missing something ?

Ganesh

-----Original Message-----
From: vox-tech-admin@lists.lugod.org
[mailto:vox-tech-admin@lists.lugod.org]On Behalf Of Mark K. Kim
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 9:55 AM
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] recursive ftp

I think you can do it with ncftp and some scripting.  Normally, you can
use ncftp like a normal ftp, but you can also pass a recursive option (ie:
`mget -r *`).  You can write a script and pass appropriate commands, kind
of like this:

   #!/bin/sh
   ncftp -u <username> <ftp.servername.serverdomain> <<EOF
   <password>
   bin
   mget -r /
   quit
   EOF

Of course, you'll need ncftp installed, and make the script file
executable.  Be careful about your password being in the open.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/