2002 Feb 28 14:19

problem with mouse

I was at the last installfest, putting Debian on my home machine, but we
had some problems.  Folks stayed really late to help me, bless them, but
we were never able to get the mouse working, even though we tried all the
available protocols.  My graphics card was not among the choices offered
by the xf86 set up program, and the consensus was that I should probably
try to get version 4 of X on there, remake XF86Config, and see if that
fixed the problem.  Before I go to the trouble of trying to put v. 4 of X
on a cd, do others think this is likely to solve my problem?

			- robin.