January 6: Social gathering
2002 Feb 26 14:35

RE: [vox-tech] attention installfest attendees: X woes on laptops

Geez, I'm glad I wasn't at work when I pulled that site up.

-sp
-----Original Message-----
From: vox-tech-admin@lists.lugod.org
[mailto:vox-tech-admin@lists.lugod.org] On Behalf Of Mike Simons
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 11:06 PM
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] attention installfest attendees: X woes on
laptops

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 03:27:54PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> unfortunately, afaics, debian sid still uses 4.1.0.  if anyone knows
of
> someone packaging a more recent X for debian, i'd like to know about
it.

  From the comment on the maintainer's log it looks like 4.2 isn't going
to make woody... http://people.debian.org/~branden/ ... if you want to
monitor progress of Debian X that's a good page to check.

  Also if you want to run 4.1 on a potato system... check out this Very
Unoffical source of compiled for potato X servers...
http://people.debian.org/~cpbotha/

    Thought this would be of interest,
      Mike