2002 Feb 26 14:35

Re: [vox-tech] attention installfest attendees: X woes on laptops

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 03:27:54PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> unfortunately, afaics, debian sid still uses 4.1.0.  if anyone knows of
> someone packaging a more recent X for debian, i'd like to know about it.

  From the comment on the maintainer's log it looks like 4.2 isn't going
to make woody... http://people.debian.org/~branden/ ... if you want to
monitor progress of Debian X that's a good page to check.

  Also if you want to run 4.1 on a potato system... check out this Very
Unoffical source of compiled for potato X servers...
http://people.debian.org/~cpbotha/

    Thought this would be of interest,
      Mike