2002 Feb 25 11:40

[vox-tech] PPoE us just fine

Uruh!... Yeah.  So, there was nothing wrong with PPPoE.  The problem is
the loose nut behind the keyboard  x)

I shoulda clued in when I could ping the name servers I had but not get
any names resolved to IP numbers.

A simple call to PacBells tech line to get the current DNS server numbers
and enter those into my host.conf file fixed my problem.

Intrestingly; Everything was working fine with the mother.com DNS numbers
in host.conf, even though I was using a PacBell DSL connection...
then suddenly, it quit working until I entered PacBell's DNS numbers.
( I HAD been using the mother.com modem dialup; hence their DNSs).

Wonder why the connection suddenly started to choke on it?!?
Any gurus out there got an idea?