2002 Feb 24 12:19

Re: [vox-tech] +'d email addresses

Hola guys,

* Ryan <ryan@mother.com> [020222 00:33], about
> [vox-tech] +'d email addresses:
:Does anyone know what mail servers support foo+bar@foobar.baz >
:foo@foobar.baz style alaising?

Ooo, my beloved topic topic. ;)  As mentioned, any server software that
supports rewriting would be able to support it.  Out of the box, I know
postfix has a simple (single yes/no) option you can enable for it, which is
what I'm using right now.
I also set up a (relatively simple) rewriting rule with Exim that I can
provide if desired.  (I just looked at the other recipes I saw, and
basically copied, so nothing fancy..)

	As mentioned I love to use this, for address munging.  I'd like to
know when/where my addresses were harvested from, so that's what I use this
for.  (I try to do the same thing with my snail mail address too, but I'm
too lazy to keep track of that though.. ;)
(There are also some really nice things you can do with this if you're using
Cyrus as an IMAP server..)

late/HTH!

	-Ajay

BTW: Everyone, if you can remember to not reply to list msgs and change the
subject, but instead send a new/fresh mail to the list, it would be
appreciated.  (It's confusing/annoying when this message is grouped with
msgs about pine.. (which could theoretically be related, but obviously
wasn't..))

--
Milpitas, ca	atallam@telocity.net	HempVille, Planet Talarian
			http://os2man.cjb.net/pictures/