2002 Feb 24 00:57

Re: [vox-tech] Clock drift bad, HULK SMASH!

Re: [vox-tech] Clock drift bad, HULK SMASH!

There was at one time a bug on one of the IBM desktop systems.  When the system went to power save, the clock would slowly lose count over time.  This was why I sugested a BIOS flash.  It affected the way power was sent to chips on the mother board, which affected cycles performed which....etc.  SO you still might want to update your BIOS.

I actually know that Linux ignores the HW clock (oddly enough), UNLESS you tell it to go off the HW clock which is an option on Mandrake's install I think.

-sp