2002 Feb 15 23:27

Re: [vox-tech] time jumps 8 hours

On Thursday 14 February 2002 09:59 pm, you wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, eric nelson wrote:
> > It is supicious about the 8 hour offset.  I had ntp running, but turned
> > it off about a week ago when I saw this problem.  I don't think there are
> > any other cron jobs, but I'll check tomorrow.
>
> Things to check out:
>
> tzconfig
>
> exaine your log files. Most are date/time stamped. If your clock changes,
> you should be able to see around the time this took place according to
> the logs files.
>
> Log files may also let you know what application/service may have been
> changing your clock.
>
> inspect your clock (in BIOS) to see if it is in GMT.
>
> See if you have somehow installed more than one ntp client (one that say
> only starts up via cron job every 24 hours vs one that is
> daemonized/inetd(on demand).
>
> -ME
Thanks.  I did find today that there is nothing in the cron.  I'll check
inetd.  Do you recommend setting the bios clock to local time?  I guess I
should use a high debug level of logging, so there's lots of data.  What
other files besides /var/log/messages?
I'll be away from work 3 days, might get back to you if I still can't figure
it out.  make files don't work too well with this situation :~(