2002 Feb 15 19:49

Re: [vox-tech] misc. XF86 4 upgrade and accel 3D issues

Re: [vox-tech] misc. XF86 4 upgrade and accel 3D issues

begin nbs <nbs@sonic.net>
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 09:33:32AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> >
> > too bad you didn't look in the linux gamers' howto.  it would've saved
> > you from head-pounding and ircing!    :)
>
> Actually, I did hit your howto various times (both via Google... even got
> the Russian version once :), and while doing a 'zgrep' in my local HOWTO
> dir :) )

oops.  that section got deleted.  i purged the document of debian
specific information, and i was too aggressive.  should've left in the
section on configuring video cards.  bleah.  thanks for mentioning this!
i'll put that stuff back in for the next version.

thank god for cvs!  wonderful application!

> <snip>
> > use auto-apt.  i think i posted this once before, but it's such a nice
> > trick that it deserves to be posted again.
>
> Kewl.  Thanks!

this little tidbit came across debian-user.  the thing about debian-user
is if you read it religiously, you're bound to become a linux expert
within a month.  but just be prepared to lose your job and fail your
classes.  that list gets ALOT of traffic!   :)

pete