2002 Feb 11 12:55

Re: [vox-tech] Checking amount of memory

Re: [vox-tech] Checking amount of memory

It looks like you're missing some memory there...

Older kernels needed to have the memory size passed to the kernel if it
was over some number (64MB, I think), which might be your case.  What
kernel do you use?  If you have an old kernel, at boot, try passing the
"mem=512M" parameter to the kernel.  Make sure you test the whole memory
after boot by loading some big apps and filling the entire memory.

-Mark

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Jay Strauss wrote:

> [root@abba /root]# cat /proc/meminfo
>         total:    used:    free:  shared: buffers:  cached:
> Mem:  65638400 41410560 24227840 46088192  3399680 22671360
> Swap: 271392768        0 271392768
> MemTotal:     64100 kB
> MemFree:      23660 kB
> MemShared:    45008 kB