2002 Feb 10 15:53

Re: [vox-tech] Problems with a motherboard.

On Sunday 10 February 2002 07:07 am, Stephen M. Helms wrote:
> ... The problem I am getting is the computer freezes up
> on boot generally after it shows the plug and play specs to the
> screen....

I assume this means it's inconsistent.  There's no pat answer.
It could be any of:

- Bad CPU
- Bad motherboard
- Loose cable or addon card
- Bad hard drive
- CPU fan worn out
- Heatsink not properly installed
- Bad hard disk
- Incorrect motherboard settings (BIOS or jumpers)
- Malfunctioning addon card (video, modem, etc.)
- Anything else

The usual approach is to remove everything not needed for bootup,
and then swap stuff out till it works.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/