2002 Feb 06 14:16

Re: [vox-tech] x-windows problem?

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 10:06:38PM -0800, Cathair wrote:
[...]
> So, after "rm"ing them into bit heaven... I had 99% use on "/" and...
> *VOILA* my system would suddenly boot into graphic mode again.
> Your mileage may indeed vary... and on a further note, I still haven't
> fixed my overflowing log file problem 'cuz I have yet to learn how to make
> this Travan tape drive work with Linux. :)  Any clues for the clueless
> would be greatly appreciated.

Try logrotate, available for most distributions. It is a set of scripts and
cron jobs that automatically compress old logs for you, and delete them when
they become extremely old, if desired. Log files are highly redundant; I have
seem twenty megs of logs compress to a few hundred K.

As for the travan drive, what model is it? IDE or SCSI?

--
Henry House