2002 Feb 05 08:36

Re: [vox-tech] ZIP drive woes

About that recalcitrant ZIP drive...

My laptop (RH 6.2) went through a similar-sounding phase.  I went mad
trying to get it to mount the zip disk.  It turned out that I was missing
kernel support... I went back to an earlier kernel and it worked fine
(my guess here is that it was built in by default, and my later attempts
at kernel recompilation left it out)  So perhaps the affected person should
check for kernel support & recompile if necessary?

Just a thought.

--nicole twn

***
"Think of this as a salad dressing.  Sort of a meditation on salad."
--former materials science professor, on composites