2002 Jan 30 09:36

[vox-tech] Re: Tripp Lite UPS

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 04:23:44PM -0800, hajhouse wrote:
> I have decided to get a UPS. Looking through the list archives, I determined
> that:
>
> 1. APC products are to be avoided.
> 2. Best power products are recommended.
>
> Alas, Best Power's line seems to be much too expensive. I am looking for
> something in the $200--$300 range. Can anyone comment on Tripp Lite products?
> They advertise in Linux Journal, so presumably their units work well with
> Linux.

Sorry to reply to my own post. A little searching turned up:

	http://www.us.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10234009&loc=494

which is described as "Ellipse 1200 RS232 free standing UPS 1200VA". It is
made by MGE. The price and specs look good, but I hope to hear a
recommendation or experience before I buy it.

--
Henry House