2002 Jan 22 09:25

[vox-tech] Wireless ethernet trobleshooting.

[vox-tech] Wireless ethernet trobleshooting.

At my friends' house, they have a DSL setup for 10 computers using wireless
ethernet, with an additional computer connected to the router by means of an
ethernet cable (because that computer is in the same room as the router).

They are currently having internet trouble and the wireless computers cannot
connect to the internet, but the wired one can. The router reports that it
is supposed to give out (by DHCP) IP addresses in the 192.168.1.0/24 range,
but after I released and renewed the DHCP lease for one of the wireless
computers, it reported that it had been assigned the IP address
169.254.183.13 (which obviously means that the router in question didn't
assign the DHCP lease). The wired computer recieved the IP address
192.168.1.100, and its internet works correctly.

Knowing this, the problem must be with the wireless itself. Is there any way
to further diagnose what the problem with their connection might be?