2002 Jan 22 00:08

[vox-tech] glibc collation file format documentation?

[vox-tech] glibc collation file format documentation?

Does anyone know where I might find documentation on the file format of the
files in /usr/share/i18n/locales/*? These define collating order for various
locales (combinations of a language and a country or territory) where it
differs from numeric order. For example, the da_DK (Danish for Denmark)
locale re-orders  (ae ligature) at the end of the alphabet, while the en_US
(English for USA) treats  the same as ae. The files that define the
collating order are compiled by localedef(1), and the file format seems to be
a cross-platform standard.

--
Henry House