2002 Jan 21 23:04

[vox-tech] Network Configuration (for Mark K. Kim)

MARK,

YOU REQUESTED THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION W.R.T. MY ACCESS PROBLEMS:

Message: 5
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 18:37:04 -0800 (PST)
From: "Mark K. Kim" <markslist@cbreak.org>
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Network Configurator

A few things:

   1. What happens when you type `/sbin/ifup eth0` as root?
   2. What does `/sbin/ifconfig` say?
   3. What does `/sbin/ifconfig -a` say?
   4. What does `/sbin/route -n` say?
   5. Are you sure the ENGR domain does not use DHCP?  Isn't ENGR
      a part of Network 21?
   6. What does `cat /etc/resolv.conf` say?
   7. What does `cat /etc/sysconfig/network` say?
   8. What does `cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0` say?

ITEM #5 DID IT: NO PROBLEMS AFTER CHANGING TO DHCP!!  THANKS!!!

REGARDS - ECM