2002 Jan 21 10:44

Re: [vox-tech] windows question (samba related)

Re: [vox-tech] windows question (samba related)

THE SYSTEMS I HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH:

Under Windows 95, and Windows 98, you can find the per-user desktops in
c:\windows\profiles\username\desktop. The desktop that you get when you hit cancel instead of
logging in locally to a windows machine is at c:\windows\desktop

Under Windows 2000, the per-user desktops are in "c:\documents and
settings\username\desktop\". There is a default user in "c:\documents and settings\default
user\desktop" but I believe this may just be the user who is a template for any new users
created, considering that Windows 2000 is far more keen on usernames than Windows 98 or 95.

THE SYSTEMS I DO NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH:
I believe that Windows NT 4.0 uses the same style as Windows 95 and 98.
I suspect that Windows XP uses the same style as Windows 2000.
I have no idea about Windows ME, so look for yourself.

I just told you where the locations are, your milage may vary - on upgraded systems
(particularly XP) if you don't find it in one place, you may find it in the other.