2002 Jan 19 19:29

Re: [vox-tech] windows question (samba related)

Re: [vox-tech] windows question (samba related)

I don't think that there is a separate directory for the desktop files.
  User data files are kept in c:\WINDOWS\Profiles\<username> -- at least
they are on my computer.

If you only have one profile, desktop items are located in
C:\WINDOWS\Desktop, I believe.

Hope that helps.

Mark K. Kim wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>

>>when a win98 machine has 2 users on it, where do the different desktops
>>reside on disk?
>>

> I think there's a "users" directory somewhere with a list of users, and
> subdirectories containing user-specific files.  I don't remember where
> that directory is, though.  You can setup the system different ways -- I
> made my system have the same desktop for everyone since I'm the only one
> that uses it.
>
> -Mark
>
> --
> Mark K. Kim