2002 Jan 17 18:24

Re: [vox-tech] DocBook

All good.

The main reason is for writing Linux how-to's for my own amusements.  Learning this looks like it'll be useful.  The ability to convert the same set of text into a roughly parallel set of documents in txt, rtf, html (one page or menu'd) and pdf s appealling.

Mainly in that when I write a set of documents for a job (generic how to, etc) I'll have a source that is easily convertable (not in MS WORD) and easily updateble.  I know that tehre are some VI(M?) plugins that allow this and EMACS as well.  One of these days I'll get the time to learn it.

-sp