2002 Jan 17 12:33

Re: building Mozilla (was RE: [vox-tech] stable web browser?!?)

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 04:28:36PM -0800, Holland, Matt wrote:
> OK, so now I'm interested in building Mozilla... a non-debug, optimized
> version as Gabe suggested.  I downloaded the source for 0.9.5, read the Unix
> build docs on mozilla.org, and still find myself a bit at a loss.  Any
> chance someone could post an example .mozconfig file with some comments on
> which options to worry about?

None of them.  :)

Seriously, if it's confusing, don't use .mozconfig - just hand the
arguments to the configure script directly.  Before building, I always
just print out ./configure --help to find out what the options are.

You'll definitely want PSM (Personal Security Manager or something
like that) to visit secure sites.  There's probably a couple others
I'm forgetting - I like to enable SVG and MathML support, and Java,
etc.  Usually don't build in messaging stuff - I don't use 'em.

Micah