2002 Jan 17 13:32

Re: [vox-tech] sshd dying on debian (potato)

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 12:52:35PM -0800, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> Does /var/log/messages say anything?

I finally sat down at the little box and poked around.  I noticed
when I ran "/etc/init.d/ssh start", it didn't say anything.
Examining the script, there seems to be something new... this test:

        test -f /etc/ssh/sshd_not_to_be_run && exit 0

Removal of the said file and re-running of the init-script worked,
of course. :)

I'd never seen this before, for some reason...  Not sure how I ended
up convincing the box to set it up for me, either.  Oh well... I
probably did an "aptget update/upgrade" one day and didn't notice
some request to answer a configuration question. :)