2002 Jan 16 15:39

Re: [vox-tech] stable web browser?!?

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 07:29:07PM -0800, Holland, Matt wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> After spending the last hour killing and restarting Netscape, then Mozilla,
> I find myself longing for a stable web browser.  Does such an animal exist?
> If so, I'd like to know about it.  Even a version of Netscape or Mozilla
> that seems to be magically stable would do the job; I'm currently using
> Netscape 4.76-11 and Mozilla 0.7-15 (the versions distributed with RH 7.1).
> I tried Amaya, and my general reaction was "damn this thing is ugly, and who
> the hell wants a WYSIWYG HTML editor anyway?"

It's not even a good WYSIWYG editor.  Amaya truly sucks at everything
it tries to accomplish, unfortunately.  Too many features, too few
developers, I think.

Dude --- DROP Moz 0.7 for crying out loud - we're at 9.7 now!  (but
don't get that - I've had issues.  Get either 9.6 or a recent CVS
build).  I haven't had 'zilla zombies in over a year.  There isn't any
such thing as a *perfectly* stable web browser (I'm sure even Opera
crashes) - but Mozilla is very stable at this point, and is also
packed with more features (and standards support) than any other
browser (including Opera).

Micah