2002 Jan 13 20:50

RE: [vox-tech] newbie

Hi Bill,
Thank you for the welcoming wishes and the info.
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: vox-tech-admin@lists.lugod.org
[mailto:vox-tech-admin@lists.lugod.org] On Behalf Of William Kendrick
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 12:04 AM
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] newbie

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 07:00:24PM -0800, Kevin Dawson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm completely new to the realm of LINUX and to your discussion group.

On behalf of us all, welcome!  I hope you can
make our upcoming (3rd anniversary!) meeting
next Monday (Jan 21st).

> I'm a UC Davis grad student trying to put a bioinformatics workstation
> to work at home.

Excellent.  There seems to be quite a bit of
bioinformatics/Linux going on.  You may
want to check out a newish club in town,
CVBIG.org...

> Any idea, how I can get some help with
> installation-related questions?

Others have probably already answered your
Samba question.  Just to let you know,
too, our group provides two services you
might find useful:

  Installfest workshops
  www.lugod.org/if/
  Next: Sun., Jan. 20th

  LERT: Linux Emergency Relief Team
  www.lugod.org/projects/lert
  Housecalls (typically Davis only)

Take care and, again, welcome! :)

-bill!  (public relt'ns officer & webmaster)
pr@lugod.org / webmaster@lugod.org