2002 Jan 13 20:50

[vox-tech] Epson 820 Printer: The Saga is at an end

[vox-tech] Epson 820 Printer: The Saga is at an end

Thanks to the suggestion that I use CUPS and some long hours of
searching on the web for documentation on making CUPS talk to Samba, I
have finally managed to get my printer working.  I can't tell you how
excited I was this morning when, just before my in-laws arrived, I
reconfigured CUPS for the nth time, sent a test job through, and it
actually printed.  I've confirmed that I can print from the command
line, from other programs... I'm just so thrilled!

Thanks to everyone who offered help and suggestions.  Now, if I could
just get my Palm Pilot talking to my Linux box, I'll be ready to
consider dumping Windows altogether.

--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

mailto:rscrawford@mossroot.com
	http://www.mossroot.com
MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com

"When you have lost the ability to laugh at yourself, you have lost the
ability to think straight." --Clarence Darrow

"Push the button, Max!"