2002 Jan 13 00:05

Re: [vox-tech] Matlab question

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Kevin Dawson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do you know how to parse Matlab data by Perl or C? If I save a matrix
> from Matlab, it's anything but text. Matlab (Linux student version)
> doesn't offer an export option in other formats than (.mat).

Haven't used Matlab in years, and quick search on the web failed to
uncover any such utilities.

Two suggestions: try Octave, a free analysis package similar to Matlab, or
try to set up a shell-accessible script that invokes Matlab, loads the mat
file, displays the variables of interest to stdout, and quits.  Then use
Perl to invoke that command and operate on the output.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing