2002 Jan 11 14:55

Re: [vox-tech] Yargh! Printer not playing nice!

Re: [vox-tech] Yargh! Printer not playing nice!

begin Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us>
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
>

> > After two days of fussing with my printer, which prints fine when it's
> > attached directly to my Linux box but not when it's attached to the
> > Windows98 box, I'm still no closer to a solution.  Could it be a firewall
> > issue?  A Samba issue?  A windows permission issue?  A voodoo curse placed
> > upon me by a vengeful player from one of my old D&D games?
> >
> > If *anyone* has *any* thoughts at all, please let me know.  Thanks!
>
> The lack of detail on what you have tried leaves me wondering whether
> your linux box is speaking "printerspeak" yet.

lol.  brutal but true.  i have to admit, i deleted the msg without
responding because there was so little detail, i didn't even know where
to begin other than to say "what do your logs say", and i don't want to
sound like the broken log record...  :)

pete