2002 Jan 10 13:49

[vox-tech] According to linuxprinting.org

[vox-tech] According to linuxprinting.org

Are you guys getting tired of me and my constant questions yet?

Today I purchased an Epson Stylus Photo 820 printer.  I purchased this
printer for two reasons: first, I knew that it would work in our setup with
two win98 machines and a win2k machine; and second, because according to
http://www.linuxprinting.org, the Linux driver for this particular printer
works "perfectly".

I have the printer now hooked up to one of our Windows 98 computers.  It
works perfectly when I'm running Windows 2000 on this computer, and it
works perfectly when my wife prints to it from her Windows 98
computer.  But when I try to print from RH7.2 on my computer, the following
happens: one sheet feeds all the way through, and another sheet feeds
halfway through and then stops.

I used printtool to select Windows printer and a Samba connection.  I went
ahead and selected "Raw print queue" on the theory that the data would end
up being filtered twice on its way to the printer if it also went through
the driver on the windows 98 computer (though I also tried it with several
different drivers selected).

In the print monitor window on the windows 98 computer which hosts the
printer, nothing shows up for the spool.  All of this leads me to believe
that there might be something screwy in my samba configuration, but who can
say for sure?  Any thoughts or suggestions before I start screwing around
with my samba configuration files?

Oh, and Peter...  Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this, but
yes, I do play D&D.  Or I did.  I fell out for a long time to indulge in
LARP, and then I got involved in Call of Cthulhu.  Now a buddy of mine and
I are creating an RPG of our own, so I've been play-testing that.  Some
friends of mine are trying to set up a "gaming association" in
Davis.  Would you be interested in hooking up with them?

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K   ICQ: 11646404  Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com

invisible to the eye."  --Antoine de Saint Exupéry

"Push the button, Max!"