2002 Jan 09 22:26

[no subject]

"Streaming over the Internet

   Media content in ASF format can be streamed over the Internet in
several ways. Most popular way is streaming using HTTP protocol. Other
protocols, such as UDP, may be supported as well. URLs for ASF files may
lead to 'redirectors'. Redirector is a XML file that describes media that
it refers to, includes other URLs and additional data needed for stream
playback. Redirector files often have extensions .asx, but it's probably
                                                 ^^^^
not a requirement. Some details can be found at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/peerjournal/wm/g060199a.asp.";

--
R. Douglas Barbieri (who is compiling avifile as he writes this email)
doug@dooglio.net