2002 Jan 09 20:05

[vox-tech] SCSI problem with RH (adaptec)

[vox-tech] SCSI problem with RH (adaptec)

Hello All,

I've got quite a bit of a problem with RH 72 and 71,

Installation program hangs when it gets to the "Loading AIC-78XX driver"
message.  Kernel message shows "Unexpected Bus Free in Data-in Phase"
infinitely.  System is a dual AMD Athlon, Tyan Thunder K7 motherboard, 2GB RAM,
 and an Adaptec 39169 SCSI Host adapter (also fails with an Adaptec 2940U2W,
which uses the same driver).

Any hints will be appreciated.

Best regards, Boris