2002 Jan 07 21:37

Re: [vox-tech] Oh my God! What have I done to my poor Linux box?!!?

Re: [vox-tech] Oh my God! What have I done to my poor Linux box?!!?

sounds like a bios error.  prolly your mbr is screwed up.

0. use a rescue disk.  preferably something that will boot the
  filesystem already on your hard drive.  but if you can't do that, a
  rescue disk which *mounts* the hard drive's root filesystem is fine
  too.  a debian rescue disk is of the first variety.  a linuxcare or
  lnx-bbc rescue disk is of the 2nd variety.

1. run lilo.  if you used a rescue of the first variety, no worries.
  if you used a rescue disk of the 2nd variety, you need to pass lilo
  the -r option to point to where "/" should be taken as.

2. reboot.

pete

begin Richard S. Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com>

PGP Public Key:  finger p@dirac.org