2002 Jan 07 19:59

Re: [vox-tech] Re: [vox] dselect vs. apt-get? (was: upgrade mutt

Re: [vox-tech] Re: [vox] dselect vs. apt-get? (was: upgrade mutt

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 06:20:21PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
[...]
> some people claim that dselect's interface is as user friendly as the
> great cthulhu.  personally, i think it's heinous.  but if you sit down
> and force yourself to read the verbose, cluttered and ugly help pages,
> it all makes sense.

I've been quite happy without dselect for years now. Its interface is
TERRIBLE (too many alerts, too busy display, difficult to find the package
you want). One can get package descriptions from packages.debian.org, so
there is little need for dselect even for that.

Btw, did anyone notice that Cthulhu made a cameo appearance in Lord of the
Rings ;-)?

--
Henry House