2002 Jan 04 19:23

Re: [vox-tech] calling all dosemu users

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 16:36:59 -0800
> From: Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org>
> To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
> Subject: Re: [vox-tech] calling all dosemu users
>
> begin ME <dugan@passwall.com>
> > Why? try lredir (I think) and map the mounted CD rom from LInux to be a
> > dos disk. :-) It can be done in autoexec.bat I thnk or you can change the
> > dosemu config files to map a linux dir to a drive letter= or even an
> > entire device (I think)
>
> yeah, i did that, but that's cheating.  i was hoping to let dosemu take
> over the resource.  :)
>
> boy, this is alot of work!

Well, lredir works from within dosemu (I think) and can be called from the
command line within dosemu to map a linux dir.

I do not recall if mapping the entire cd device to a drive worked in
dosemu (/dev/hdc for example) but you may want to try that.

I dont see how these are cheating. It is DOS! Even its name suggests it is
an application that is a Denial of Service. (DoS)

:-)

-ME