2002 Jan 04 13:17

More swap space?

Hi everyone

Got more memory for the wonder laptop.  Hooray, etc.
Now, I'm faintly concerned.  I remember hearing that one should have at
least as much swap space as RAM.  My swap partition is 128M; double the
amount of my old RAM, but only half as large as the new amount.  Should I
make the swap partition bigger?  What dire things can/will happen if one's
swap space is too small?  I've been keeping an eye on it with one of those
system monitor applets, and swap space does not seem unduly taxed, but I
worry anyway.

Also, can anyone recommend a good, inexpensive web hosting service?
Thanks.

--nicole twn

***
"Circumstances eat themselves.  The present tense has been."--Moxy Fruvous